The SE Centre is returning to Leonardslee Lakes and Gardens this Spring to see the magnificent colours of all the Rhododendrons and Azaleas for which this venue is renowned.
Leonardslee is one of the most spectacular woodland gardens in England.
This magnificent Grade 1 listed garden was nearly lost forever and has been the subject of the largest garden restoration in England in recent times and there is plenty to see there:-
- Numerous walks to explore the magnificent Rhododendrons and Azaleas throughout the 240-acres of Grade I
- Listed Gardens, parkland, lawns and forest areas, with an abundance of fascinating fauna as well as flora.
- Rare colony of wallabies introduced in 1889, as well as several species of deer.
- Rock Garden provides an unforgettable experience as the paths loop through the stunning rock formations.
- Dolls’ House Museum with an extensive collection depicting the Edwardian estate and neighbouring villages at 1:12
scale, with landscapes and characters acting out day-to-day activities.
- A wide choice of refreshment outlets from Cafes and 1star Michelin restaurant through to takeaways including
afternoon tea in the manor house.
The event will have two runs into it of about 30 miles each:-
Run 1 – From Bocketts Farm near Leatherhead, Surrey
Run 2 – From The Red Lion at Ashington, West Sussex
You can choose which run to take part in or simply head straight for Leonardslee.
The cost will be £12.50 per car (2 people) to include entry to the Gardens, route plan and a charity donation.
To apply download the form and email John Morgan at [email protected] (likewise for any queries).