MG100 SOUTH EAST SPONSORED BY MOSS (EUROPE)
| Cherished Insurance Pride of Ownership & Road Runs | Church Square Autos Test Hill Runs |
The MG100 SE event takes place over the weekend of 18th/19th May 2024 and is organised by the South East MGCar Club and MG Owners Club.
The event will draw a close to the MG Centenary in the South East and will be a celebration of all things MG. Over the weekend you can enjoy one of several road runs on Saturday all leading to the lawns in front of The Fairmile in Cobham, Surrey. You will be met there with a display of cars, Magic Marco, Jazz Duo and a buffet late afternoon meal. MGCC President John Day will be there to greet you along with vice-president Ian Quarrington.
On Sunday we head to Brooklands Museum for a full day focussing on 100 years of MG with particular emphasis on competition cars as befits the historic location. Naturally, all MGs from the vintage to the modern will be welcome and there will be something for any era of interest – talks in the Napier Room, Peter James Insurance Pride of Ownership, Display of competition cars across the ages, MG Decades Display, MG traders, Live entertainment, catering in the Paddock and the chance to take your own MG up the famous Brooklands Test Hill with the Church Square Autos Test Hill Runs.
The South East will be hosting a leg of the Round Britain MG cavalcade relay with a special “token” guest over both days as it comes down from Essex and before it heads off to Hampshire.
You can expect:-
- Saturday – Scenic Road Runs from Hampshire, Berkshire, Kent, and Sussex to The Fairmile
- Saturday – MG Centenary gathering at The Fairmile, Cobham, Surrey
- Saturday – Car displays / Magician / Jazz Duo / John Day and Ian Quarrington / hot & cold buffet
- Saturday/Sunday – MG100 Round Britain Cavlacade with special Cecil Kimber “Token”
- Sunday – Show day at Brooklands Museum
- Sunday – MG100SE Competition car display / Peter James Insurance Pride of Ownership / MG Decades Display / Talks in the Napier Room from Jonathan Suckling and John Mayhead / Star cars / Traders / Church Square Autos Test HIll Runs / Arena Interviews / Live entertainment / Pull an MG Midget Competition / Hundreds of MGs!
We are looking for any type of MG competition car to take part in a special display at Brooklands on the 19th May. This will be a celebration of MG’s sporting heritage in the ideal setting of Brooklands itself, which was often considered as the spiritual home of MG
If you have a competition car and would like to display it then please email our co-ordinator, Alan Wakefield or click the button below and register online.
MG100SE sponsored by
TEST HILL RUNS SPONSORED BY CHURCH SQUARE AUTOS
ROAD RUNS & PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP SPONSORED BY CHERISHED INSURANCE
Make sure the date is in your diary now – click the buttons below for all the latest info:-.