Brooklands is often considered the second or spiritual home of MG as it was here the MGs took a major part in competing on the track. Famous names immediately spring to mind – Doreen Evans, Kay Peter, Goldie Gardner, George Eyston – all drive MGs at Brooklands.
It is therefore entirely appropriate that the main display on 19th May 2024 at MG100SE will focus on MG competition cars. Not just the Brooklands period but all MGs that have taken part in competition, on the track, hill climbs, sprints, and rallies right through to the modern era of the MG6 BTCC cars. Of course, MGs are still competing in the various championships today and those cars are also welcome to be part of the display.
We are gathering together details of competition cars to display and if you own an MG competition car then please get in touch with our display co-ordinator Alan Wakefield and book your place.
Click the button to read Alan’s letter of invitation and fill in the form at the bottom to tell us about your car or email Alan direct (details in the invitation letter)
- Will I be OK to bring a modern race car? Yes, all eras of motorsport will be featured – not just the pre-war cars.
- Will there be somewhere to put a trailer? Yes, we will arrange an area in The Heights car park attached to the Museum to store trailers
- Can I camp overnight at Brooklands? No, there is no facility for overnight camping but there are campsites nearby – see accommodation.
- When can I get on site? The Museum gates will open at 7am for display cars, traders etc. All display cars need to be in place by 9.45am The show opens at 10am.
- When can I leave? The show will close at 5pm so we would like it if you could stay at least until 4pm as many visitors come in the afternoon.
- Will it cost me anything? Yes, unfortunately with the amount of competition cars and display cars anticipated, we will not be able to offer discounted entry. Museum tickets are discounted for those MG owners attending the show and a code will be sent to you to book prior to the event. See Tickets.
- Where is it and is it in the ULEZ? Brooklands Museum is situated in Weybridge, Surrey. Entry will be via the gate off Brooklands Road. Weybridge is not in the ULEZ although it is not too far away! Access to the Museum from the M25 does not enter ULEZ so there will be no extra costs.